Recorded on May 19, 2020
On April 11, Gov. Ralph Northam signed the Virginia Clean Economy Act (VCEA), making Virginia the first state in the Southeast United States to commit to 100% clean energy and setting 2045 as the target for reaching that goal. The new law sets specific requirements for energy efficiency, renewable energy (onshore and offshore), energy storage, and more. This makes Virginia, long a laggard in energy policy, a prime target for advanced energy growth, providing savings for consumers and jobs and investment for the Commonwealth.
In this webinar, one of the legislative patrons of the VCEA and representatives of advanced energy companies discussed how the Act came to fruition and the opportunities for industry growth and economic benefit made possible by this landmark new law.
- Sen. Jennifer McClellan (D-9th District)
- Rick Counihan, Global Lead Energy Product Policy & Regulation, Google
- Hayes Framme, Government Relations & Communications Manager, Ørsted
- Devin Welch, Chief Executive Officer, SunTribe Solar
- Harry Godfrey, Executive Director, Virginia AEE