Business group CEO notes advanced energy has outpaced overall U.S. growth, employed 3.6 million workers across nation, and is poised to drive economic comeback
WASHINGTON, D.C., July 14, 2020 — Today, national business group Advanced Energy Economy (AEE) reacted to U.S. Presidential candidate Joe Biden's call for a federal 100% clean energy standard among other policies in his proposed clean energy plan at an event in Delaware. Following statement is from AEE CEO Nat Kreamer:
"Advanced energy has exceeded overall U.S. economic growth over the past decade and is poised to drive our nation's coronavirus comeback. With the support of federal policies like a 100% clean energy target and incentives for domestic manufacturing and electric vehicles, advanced energy, with 3.6 million U.S. workers going into the pandemic, can deliver a million more good-paying jobs, attract billions in private investment, expand domestic production, and improve our nation's electric infrastructure.
"Let's build back better with solar, wind, energy efficiency, energy storage, electric vehicles, and a modern power grid. We can do all this, reduce emissions, improve grid reliability and reduce customer costs for decades to come."
- Joe Biden's 11 am statement on "Clean Energy and Sustainable Infrastructure" is here.
- "At 3.6 Million Jobs in 2019, Advanced Energy Was Growing. Then the Pandemic Hit." is here.
- "Before the Pandemic, Advanced Energy was Winning. Here’s What We Have to Do to Get Back in the Winner’s Circle." is here.
- "5 Steps for States to Keep Advanced Energy Progress on Track" is here.
- "A Supply Chain is Growing for Electric Transportation. Here’s What It Could Do For One State." is here.
- 2019 Advanced Energy Now Market Report
About Advanced Energy Economy
Advanced Energy Economy (AEE) is a national association of businesses that are making the energy we use secure, clean, and affordable. Advanced energy encompasses a broad range of products and services that constitute the best available technologies for meeting energy needs today and tomorrow. AEE’s mission is to transform public policy to enable rapid growth of advanced energy businesses. Engaged at the federal level and in more than a dozen states around the country, AEE represents more than 100 companies in the $238 billion U.S. advanced energy industry, which employs 3.6 million U.S. workers. Learn more at www.aee.net, track the latest news @AEEnet.