Washington, D.C., June 1, 2016 — Advanced Energy Economy issued the following statement in response to today's release of Implementing EPA's Clean Power Plan: Model State Plans by the National Association of Clean Air Agencies (NACAA):
“We look forward to reviewing the States Model Plans published today by NACAA,” said Matt Stanberry, vice president of market development at Advanced Energy Economy, a national business association. “EPA’s Clean Power Plan gives states the flexibility to develop a plan that is best suited to their particular circumstances. Along with that flexibility comes a number of choices, so guides and models have the potential to serve as invaluable decision-making aids. With the help of tools like these, and input from industry and the public, states will be able to design plans that achieve compliance at lowest cost and greatest economic benefit.”
- AEE's State Tool for Electricity Emissions Reduction (STEER), an open-access integrated resource planning model, for least-cost state strategies to implement the Clean Power Plan (CPP) is here.
- AEE Institute’s A Performance-based Approach to Allowance Allocation for Clean Power Plan Compliance report is here.
- AEE Update: Full D.C. Circuit Hearing of Oral Arguments on CPP will Speed Final Ruling is here.
- AEE Update: Clean Power Plan Is on Hold, but Utilities Are Planning for It Anyway is here.
- NACAA's Implementing EPA's Clean Power Plan: State Model Plans is here.