AEE is committed to respecting the rights of copyright and trademark owners. We respond to notices of copyright infringement in accord with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and use a similar process for trademark infringement claims, as detailed below.
To notify us of copyright infringement, please send us a written notice by mail or fax (not just email) that includes the following:
- Identification of the work you believe is being infringed.
- Identification of the work you believe is infringing, with information that is reasonably sufficient for us to find it.
- Your name, address, phone number and email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in your notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that has allegedly been infringed.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that has allegedly been infringed.
AEE will treat notices that meet these requirements in accord with the DMCA. If we have taken down any content that you believe should not have been removed, you may send us a written counter-notice by mail or fax. Please be sure your counter-notice meets the DMCA requirements and we will follow the process set out in the DMCA. To find out more about the DMCA, see http://copyright.gov.
To notify us of trademark infringement, please send us a notice that includes (a) the specific trademark you believe is being infringed, (b) detailed information about the trademark you believe is infringing your trademark and where you saw that infringing trademark on our site, (c) your name, address and email address, (d) statements that are the equivalent to #4 and #5 above but as to the trademark instead of a copyright, (e) a physical or electronic signature meeting the requirements of #6 above, and (f) the serial or registration number of your trademark if it has been registered.
We will respond to all infringement notices and comply with applicable law. We reserve the right to remove any content without prior notice and at our sole discretion. We also reserve the right to terminate a user’s account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
Where to Send Notices
Please send copyright and trademark notices to: email@example.com